On Friday I showed you our new little project chair. After we took apart the chair, and Joe stabilized it, I worked on prepping it for paint. There were a lot of scratches, nicks, and dings, so it took a little work.
I used fine grit sandpaper to rough up all the surfaces of the chair. It was important to make sure all the small grooves were taken care of.
After everything was sanded, I blew off the dust with the air compressor and then I wiped the whole chair down with a tack cloth to make sure there was absolutely NO dust left on the frame.
Finally, Joe got out the air sprayer and put a couple coats of black furniture paint on the frame.
Come back on Wednesday to see how I reupholstered the seat and get a good look at the finished project!