In our attempt to try new things in the lunch box, we replaced the fattening potato chips for some crispy apple chips. Hubs thinks he needs chips with any kind of sandwich or wrap, so we made a little swap and loved the healthy alternative.
So how do you do it?
- Slice your apples super thin on a mandolin.
- Dip the apples in mix of 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar and 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon to coat both sides.
- Place apple slices on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and cook for one hour at 225o.
- After 1 hour take them out, flip the apples over, turn the pan and cook for another hour.
- Allow apples to cool and store them in an air tight container.
A little crunchy sweetness is the perfect addition to the lunch box grab bag in the pantry!