Do ever just have a craving for something light and refreshing? I especially like to have something light on hand for weekend lunches when we are running around and trying to get a millions things accomplished.
We tried this recipe from www.SimplyRealMoms.com and really loved it! It packed up really nice for lunches too!
Creamy Pasta Salad
Adapted from SimplyRealMoms
- ½ box shaped pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ pkg mini pepperonis (regular size is ok, too)
- 8 Monterey Jack cheese sticks (snack sticks) cut into chunks (you can use any kind of cheese that you like)
- Ranch dressing
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Drain it.
- Place colander with drained pasta into a bowl with ice and water in it to cool it off.
- Put all the rest of the ingredients, except the ranch dressing into a bowl. Pour the cooled pasta onto a clean towel and really dry it off.
- Pour pasta into the bowl . Stir in the ranch as you like it. A little, a lot—there’s no exact science to it.