I have a problem, a really big problem! I have a HUGE sweet tooth! I just have to have a little bite of something sweet everyday. Since Hubs and I are changing our eating style, I had to hunt down something with less sugar and less fat.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies to the rescue! These were so delicious, they stayed fresh all week, and they are only 1 WW point each!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
Makes 56 Servings at 1 WW point each.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 3 Tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 Tablespoons raspberry fruit spread (or any flavor you like)
1. Beat butter with mixer until creamy. Add brown sugar, beat well. Add granulated sugar, egg, peanut butter, and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Stir in the peanuts.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dray measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir into peanut mixture, cover dough, refrigerate and chill for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Make dough into 1-inch balls. Put balls 2 inches apart on a sprayed cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each ball to make an indention.
5. Bake at 350 for 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Press centers again with thumb while cookies are still warm. Fill the center of each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon of fruit spread. Cool on pan for 2 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: Cal 59, Fat 2.1g, Pro 0.9g, Carb 9.3g, Fib 0.2g, Chol 3mg, Iron 0.3mg, Sod 55mg, Calc 5mg.