Do you remember the awesome Southwest Chicken we shared with you yesterday? Remember how we cooked all the chicken in the crock pot and saved some for “another meal”? Well….drum roll please….
Simple Chicken Noodle Soup
- Left over chicken from previous meal (already cooked)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 32 ounce carton of chicken broth (low sodium – low fat)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of frozen chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium sliced carrot
- 6 ounces of ditalini pasta (or any small pasta of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
Combine water and chicken broth in a microwave safe dish, and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Shred the chicken from the previous meal and set aside.
While the broth heats up, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to a pan and add sliced carrots, salt and pepper, then cook for 2 minutes. Next, add onion and celery and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until tender. Make sure you stir frequently. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and stir for one more minute, or until the garlic smells fragrant. Add the broth mixture and the pasta, then bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Stir in the shredded chicken and cook for 2 more minutes or until the chicken is heated through. Add the parsley and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Calories: 237; Fat: 5; Carbs: 24; Fiber: 2; Protein: 23
6 Weight Watchers Points+ Value per serving.