Tuna salad is something that everyone has an opinion about….fruit? nuts? mayo? pickles? Hubs and I usually go for the super simple tuna salad…tuna, light mayo, and salt/pepper. This recipe was a total stretch for me, and I had to step out of my comfort zone, but let me tell ya…..TOTALLY WORTH IT! Even hubs likes it, and you know that he is a hard one to please.
Fancy Tuna Salad
- 1 hard-boiled egg (egg white only – remove yolk)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 can of solid white tuna in water
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1/4 cup of Craisins
- 2 tablespoons of minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons of light mayo
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 – 8 ounce can of pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- Whole Wheat Pitas, romaine lettuce, tomato slices
Dice the egg whites and chop the tuna. Combine the tuna, egg whites, celery, crasins, onions, mayo, mustard, and pineapple by stirring until well combined. Line your pitas with lettuce and tomato, and then stuff with tuna mixture.
Makes 4 servings. 6 Weight Watchers Points+ value per serving (includes whole wheat pita, lettuce, and tomato)
Calories: 227; Fat: 6; Carbs: 27; Fiber: 2; Protein: 18