Warning: If you are on a diet, leave right now! These brownies (or I guess we should call them “whities”) are to-die-for!
This dessert is a sneaky one. It looks so plain and boring, but let me tell you, it is anything but boring! The flavor is so rich and actually kind of surprising. I will warn you that you will LOVE these and that this recipe makes a blue million brownies! You better be ready with plates to get these out of your house and to your neighbors asap!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter & 1/3 cup butter (divided)
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup butter (room temperature/softened)
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven 350
2. Grease a jelly roll pan (15×10)
3. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; set aside
4. In small sauce pan melt 1/3 cup butter, until just melted (no clumps)
5. Turn off the heat, and SLOWLY pour in milk, whisking briskly to avoid curdling.
6. Once combined, turn heat back on and add 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter.
7. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally
8. Add flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time, stirring to combine. Continue until you have used about half the flour mixture.
9. Then transfer to the bowl with the remaining flour mixture and stir briskly to combine.
10. Stir in Greek yogurt, eggs and almond extract, pour into pan
11. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
12. Let Cool
13. Make frosting by combining all the ingredients and mixing with a stand mixer or hand mixer.
14. Spread warm brownies with butter frosting.
15. Allow to cool completely (frosting will harden a little) and then cut into 32 pieces.
Remember to plate some immediately and send to your neighbors! I had enough to make a FULL plate of brownies for all my neighbors in the cul-de-sac and still had a ton left over. All the neighbors raved about the brownies, and all of them commented on how they ate way too many of them.