I just wanted to share this super yummy, super easy, homemade chicken noodle soup with you…because it was oh so good!
My time-saving tip is to go ahead and cut the fat off your chicken, cut up your veggies, and put them in a bag the night before. Then in the morning you just dump and go!
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 ribs chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast (I added another 1/2 pound for another meal, which I will share later)
- 32 oz container of fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup water (more if needed)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 oz Rotini noodles (we use gluten free)
Spray your crockpot with cooking spray. Add carrots, celery, garlic, onion, oregano, and basil. Arrange chicken on top of veggies. Add brother, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove the chicken and shred it (I reserved my extra half pound at this time). Put this chicken back in the crockpot. Add noodles and cook on high for another 20 – 30 minutes. That’s it! Done!
Makes 4 servings, 2 cups each. 340 calories, 6.8g fat, 32g carbs, 2.9g fiber, 32.1g protein.