Are you looking for a simple, super delicious dinner? Try this one out!
Have you ever made a foil packet dinner? I have two on the meal plan for this week and I love them! You literally toss everything into a sheet of foil, fold it up and bake it! And the clean up is super simple too!
I sliced up all my veggies, but if you aren’t on a super tight budget you could make the dinner even faster to put together by purchasing veggies that are already chopped up! (I just loved cooked carrots! So healthy and such beautiful color!!)
So here is the simple process. Slice the veggies, cut the fat off your chicken, put it all on a sheet of foil, spoon a little dressing over the top, fold up and bake…yep thats it!
This particular recipe included 4 oz of chicken breast, sliced yellow onion, julienned carrots, julienned red peppers, and 2 tablespoons of Italian dressing in each foil wrapper.
** Don’t judge my wrapping skills…not pretty I know, but most effective! **
While these babies were cooking it filled out house with the most amazing smell! They came out of the oven perfectly steamed to fork tender! Hubs scrapped off the veggies, so I ate double helpings. It was so delicious and definitely in our “make-again” folder!
Italian Foil Packet Chicken
- 4 heavy duty sheets of aluminum foil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 4 large carrots, julienned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basel
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Italian dressing
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Cut excess off breasts, and cut into 4 oz pieces (if you have pups, don’t throw away your excess – see below)
- Put carrots in the microwave with one teaspoon of water and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Mix the basil, garlic, and Italian dressing together in a small bowl.
- Place one piece of chicken on each sheet of foil (season with salt and pepper)
- Cover and surround each piece of chicken with carrots, peppers, and onions.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of dressing mix over each chicken.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely. Seal the packets closed.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
So if you have pups, like we do….save your scraps you cut off of your chicken. (Spilling secrets here – I always cut a little more off than necessary because I know it’s going to the girls ;0) I wrapped up their scraps in foil, and only added carrots and 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing – NO onions, peppers, or salt & pepper. Onions are BAD for dogs – DO NOT feed your babies onions! I baked their chicken with ours and made a special dinner bowl for them when it all came out of the oven!
Yep – my 2dogs are spoiled rotten! They loved the chicken of course and gobbled it right up! The hardest part was keeping the kitty out of their bowls long enough for me to snap a picture. And I leave you with a quick little video of the girls saying “thank you” for their special chicken dinner! :0) Their sweet tails wagged the whole time they were eating!