There is not much better than coming home and the first thing you smell when you come in the door is BBQ chicken that has been cooking in the crockpot all day. This recipe was a little different for Hubs and I, since we like our food pretty plain. Adding in the chipotle peppers was the perfect touch – don’t leave them out!
- 8 ounces of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 – 4 ounce can of chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon of canned chipotle chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 light hamburger buns
Stir BBQ sauce, green chilies, chipotle chilies, and salt in a crockpot. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. Stir to combine. Put the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 4 – 5 hours. Use two forks to shred the chicken in the crockpot. Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns.
Makes 8 servings. 9 Weight Watchers Points+ value per serving.
Cal: 364; Fat: 13; Carbs: 32; Fiber: 4; Protein: 30