Hubs and I are itching to get to summer, the warm air, the sun light, the beach, and the light meals! There is something about fresh light salads that make me happy in the hot summer air. So, in hopes of getting rid of cold air and wishing summer to come sooner, we tried this yummy Mexican Salad. It was a HUGE hit. So refreshing, yet filling at the same time! It keeps nicely and I was able to take it to work for lunch throughout the week.
- 4 Tablespoons of vinegar
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 – 15 ounce cans of reduced sodium black beans
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of diced green onions
- 1/2 cup crushed canned pineapple (in juice)
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 – 4 ounce can of green chilies
Whisk together the first 7 ingredients until well blended. Mix together the last 7 ingredients. Pour the dressing mixture over the second mixture and toss to coat. Serve over one cup of baby spinach leaves. Keep extra mixture in sealed container in the refrigerator.
Makes 5 servings. 7 Weight Watchers Points+ Value per serving.
Calories: 316; Fat: 7; Carbs: 50; Fiber 17; Protein: 17